What's Old, What's New??

Saturday, September 16, 2017


So I mentioned in my last blog post that a LOT has changed in the past few years since I posted in 2014!!  And I wasn't kidding!  ;)  The long and short of it is - I went through a yucky divorce, learned a LOT about myself, and am in an amazingly happy, good place right now!  


One thing that I learned is a simple word - BELIEVE - and it's a word that I will hold near and dear to my heart, probably forever!  I must believe in myself first, before I will believe that anyone else could believe in me.  I must believe in my kids so that they know how much value I see in them.  I must believe in those around me, that they are there to help build me up and support me, not tear me down.  


I met and fell in love with an amazing girl and in March, I proposed to her while on our Spring Break trip in Florida.  We had a magical time at Magic Kingdom and just relaxing by the pool for the week!





In May, she surprised me with a unique proposal - and to give me a matching, beautiful ring!!!





We are working on planning our wedding, but have a few of the major decisions made:
* Date:  June 30, 2018
* Venue:  Burl Oaks Golf Course, Minnetrista, MN
* Food:  Deck-side Bar-B-Que
* Entertainment:  Ragtown Vocals (a live band!)
* I bought a dress!!
* I will have my sister, Hannah, stand up with me as my Matron of Honor.
* Jen will have her brother, Josh, stand up with her as her Best Man.
* Jen will have her best friend, Mel, stand up with her as a Bridesmaid.
* Together we will have my children, Kylie & Mason, stand up with us as we take this next step.
#HEMPEL2018


No comments