The Beginning of An Adventure!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to pack up 2 adults and 4 kids for a 12 day adventure on the road?  This summer we decided to try it out - my girlfriend and her 2 kids joined my 2 kids and myself for an adventure to Florida.  We started out a couple days ago and the car-top carrier was SO loud we could hardly hear one another talk, much less think!  The kids were so well behaved and got along great!  

We stopped for lunch at a SONIC along the way to Nashville, TN.  I must have deprived my children of so much - they'd never been to a Sonic before this!!!  They ended up falling in love with the slushies, root beer floats and corn dogs!  I have a feeling we'll be stopping at a few more Sonics on our way to Florida and back!



We stopped for a few days in Nashville, Tennessee and boy was it HOT!  One of the coolest places that we stopped was the Parthenon.  It's a real-life replica of the Parthenon.  The kids thought it was pretty cool, too!


We enjoyed a night out on the town in downtown Nashville and went to the Wildhorse Saloon for dinner and line-dancing.



Being that I'm a teacher, we had to work in a little bit of history!  We stopped for an afternoon at the Tennessee State Museum.  Which reminds me, I should take the kids to the Minnesota State Museum sometime, too!


On our last day in Nashville we headed back to the main streets and visited a yummy candy store and a fantastic ice cream shop.  


We all picked out some fudge, chocolates and a tin of yummy candies!




I loved Nashville and would love to come back and explore...maybe an adult-only trip?  

Until next time, Nashville!!

Check back soon to see how our trip is going!

No comments