Monday Made-It: Seatbelt Pillows

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I'm excited that I finally had time to do a "Monday Made-It" and link up with 4th Grade Frolics!! 


I have a road trip coming up soon and my friend thought it would be so fun if we had those cute seatbelt pillows! We are going to make the trek from Minnesota to Florida with my two kids and her two kids! 

Imagine: {2 moms, 3 girls, 1 boy, and a 20 hour car trip each way}

I've been working on making some fun things for our trip to keep the kids busy! Next week I'll share more about the road trip games and goodies we're bringing along. This week I want to share about the comfy stuff!

Last night I decided it wouldn't be too hard to whip up the pillows and I mostly had all of the materials at my fingertips. I started by making the pillows for the girls, out of some leftover Frozen fabric I had lying around my sewing room. 


I basically made a giant rectangle and left a 4" opening at the bottom. Then I stitched 3/4 of the way down just left and just right of center to form the two pockets to stuff. This leaves a flat portion in the center to wrap around the seatbelt. 


When my friend showed me pictures of these on Pinterest she found a super cute one with a pocket for your iPhone. So I went a little above and beyond and picked 2 of my favorite fabrics and made a cute chevron pocket on the pillow I was making for her and I to share {whenever we weren't driving!}! 


Of course I couldn't forget my little man! He would be lost in this sea of pink, purple and Frozen! I had just enough of this fun Superman fabric left over to make him the perfect seatbelt pillow! 

Now I better run and get back to prepping for our road trip!!





2 comments

  1. Those look great. Post a follow-up telling if they are really as comfy as they seem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a picture of a kiddo actually using this, because if it's as fabulous as it could be I need to make 3 of them!!
    Have a safe trip!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete