Monday Made It {Recovered Cushions}

Monday, July 20, 2015
Once again I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for a fun {Monday Made It} post! 


Here's the final project, but I'll show some "in-progress" photos as well!  Two years ago I found the cute idea to make cushions for my milk crates and use them as seats around my table. I've loved using them, but each year I realize they get really dirty and I need to recover them. 

This year I was lucky enough to find some lime green fabric that will go perfectly in my "blue and green" ocean-themed room! My friend had the fabric and let me have some to make my new cushions! I think she probably saved me a few $$ from all the other stuff I would have purchased had I gone to Jo-Ann's looking for "just fabric" for this project!!


First up: I had to take the old, stained, blue fish fabric off of the cushions. I left the bottom layer of denim in place as  it secured the foam. 


Next, I cut the fabric down and got ready for a lot of folding and stapling! 

Four cushions later and they were ready to head to my classroom! 


I don't know about you, but my Summer is just flying by!! It's fun creating new goodies for my classroom but I'm going to have to start getting the "curriculum" ready to go! 😉 

What about you? Are you ready to head back to school? 




1 comment