Why I Chose to Rearrange

Saturday, November 1, 2014


I have loved my room since it finally came together at the end of the summer!  However, I was really frustrated that the classroom library was blocking the only white board in my classroom.  Yesterday I was meeting with my team in the morning and it just came to me - flip the front of the classroom!  Then I would have open space in front of the white board and the library would be in front of the reading strategies and skills bulletin board.  It made so much sense - why hadn't I thought of it before?!  


I still love the cozy feel of my classroom library with the cute rug!  Now there's a couple little nooks for the kids to read in (between the bookcases).  It's amazing how much more space I have at the front of the room, too!


The best part is, in moving things, I was able to free up a bookcase from the library that I can now use next to my table by the window.  I chose to not have a "teacher desk" this year and I still love that decision!  However, it had been hard having one corner of the table occupied by things like - my water bottle, picture of my family, post-its, pencil jar and more.  With the new bookcase addition under the window, I can have the entire table cleared off to easily work with 6 students.  It's been great working with students all day long at the table!

Hopefully when the kids come in on Monday they'll love the newly rearranged room!

No comments