Five for Friday

Friday, October 31, 2014

Guess what?!  It's time for another Five for Friday post and I've got some fun stuff to share!!  I've linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Weekly Linky Party!



We had our family pictures taken a couple weeks ago by my sister-in-law and we just got them back this week!  They turned out fantastic and I couldn't wait to get them printed!  In fact I've already ordered my phone case (with this photo) and our Christmas Cards!!  I can't believe I'm already ahead of the game - until it's time to address the cards!



My kiddos, Kylie and Mason, have been asked to be in my brother's wedding on December 27th and they are very excited!  Kylie and I had a little night out this week and went shopping for the flower girl dress.  We also stopped for a bite to eat at her favorite restaurant - Qdoba!  Won't she make a beautiful flower girl?!



I finally got my writing station all set up and ready to roll!  The kids are excited to use the new options!  They most anticipated option is birthday cards!  I found this idea from a friend and loved it - the kids will make a birthday card for a student in our class if it's the week of their birthday.  If a student has a birthday over a non-school day (summer, winter break, etc) then we'll celebrate a little before, after or their 1/2 birthday.



This year for Halloween we left our neighborhood and headed to a friends'.  We enjoyed a yummy dinner and had a great time trick-or-treating with friends!  I was Elsa this year!  The students (and my kiddos) loved the outfit I made to wear!  Mason was Darth Vader and Kylie was Olaf!  It was a pretty cold evening, but the kids came home with a TON of candy!  Happy Halloween!



Friday was a professional development day (morning) and a time to work in your classroom (afternoon).  I have been teaching in my room for 8 weeks and decided I really wanted to be able to access the white board at the front of the room.  I previously had my classroom library at the front left of the room and it was blocking the white board.  So, I took a large chunk of time Friday to flip the front of the classroom and it really makes a lot more sense now!  The reading strategies bulletin board is right by the library!!  I hope the kids enjoy the new space!

1 comment

  1. There is something delightful about rearranging a room isn't there? I bet your kids will be excited about the change too!

    ReplyDelete