How Do You Group Students?

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I have spent the better part of this evening cutting apart these fun "book cover" puzzles for grouping students.  I really like them!  For one, they've given me lots of great ideas of books I should dig out of my library to read to the class during Read Alouds.  But I'm also really excited to use them for grouping my students in groups of 2, 3, or 4.  These were created by The Unique Classroom on TpT and they are called the Student Grouping Cards.  


Here is an example of the puzzle 4 students will have to put together to find their partners.  This provides a quick, fun way to create the groups.  It can be done randomly or managed by me (without the kids even realizing it) as I hand out the various puzzle pieces!  

I can't wait to see what the kids think!  :)  13 days left until the students return to school!!!

Do you have a fun, creative or unique way that you group your students for partner/group-work?  Please share it in the comments!  I love hearing ideas from other educators!

No comments