Fish Fun

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

As you know, I LOVE fish, dolphins and all things ocean!  This summer I used this super fun April Fool's Day Poem Craftivity from the Spring and Summer Craftivities Templates from All Student's Can Shine's TpT Store!  

I had all of them templates printed on colored card stock and let the students cut the pieces out.  It was a great activity to work on fine motor skills.  If students wanted their fish to turn out like my sample, they had to be careful to cut on the lines.  I was very impressed with how hard the kiddos worked to make their fish perfect!

As you lift each flap, the students wrote a part of a riddle with the answer under the blue flap.

What blows bubbles...
has fins...
and likes to swim?

A FISH!

These turned out very cute and although they were intended to be used for an April Fool's craft, they worked well as a fun summer activity with minimal writing practice!

No comments