Self-Portraits

Friday, September 5, 2014

Today is Friday - of the first week of school!  While I'm excited that it's Friday (because I'm exhausted from this new routine!) it's been a fabulous first week!

We have spent time getting to know one another, learning our new routines, and figuring out our schedule.  

On Wednesday we used our paints and each student created a self-portrait to hang in the hallway!  First the students sketched their self-portrait with pencil.


Then they outlined their portrait with black crayon or marker.  Finally they painted the self-portraits with their new watercolor paints.  It was a little messy, but they loved doing it!  It made for some beautiful artwork to display in the hallway as well!


Here's a sneak at my finished self-portrait!  I enjoyed making the "sample" to guide them along in this little activity!


And finally, I'd like you to meet my 2014-2015 class of 22 second graders!


Happy Friday!




No comments