Meet the Teacher Blogger

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I've decided to link up with Falling Into First for a "Meet the Teacher Blogger" Linky Party.  I love reading about other teacher/bloggers and thought it might be fun to do a little Q & A about myself!

 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

my kids.  my husband.  my vizslas.  diet coke.  the beach.  scrapbooking.  sharpies.  TpT.  blogging.  creating.  

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

If I weren't a teacher, I would love to make a living with my sewing/embroidery business!  I'm not sure how that would work out, but I love the creative side that Sweet Swag By Sarah allows me to bring out!

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Social. Motivated. Busy.
 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I'd really love to level some more books...said no teacher EVER!!"
 
Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Oh goodness, I don't even know where to begin!  I think the first person I would invite is my dad!  We live in different states, don't get to talk as often as I'd like but have so much in common!  He's always motivating when we do chat and pushes me to achieve the most that I can!

I think I would also like to invite some of my favorite teacher bloggers - just to chat and collaborate!!  I think we'd get along so well and I hope that one day we do get to meet in real life!!  

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

"Time, Who Needs Time?"

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

 If I could pick one superpower, it would be 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

 "The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn
the more places you'll go."
-Dr. Seuss

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

"Let It Go!"
side note - I don't sing well!  Just ask my husband!  ;)
 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I'm definitely a night owl!  However, I will have to soon figure out how to be a morning person!  I just registered for Peak 10 (a workout program at my local gym) that runs Mon, Wed, Fri from 5:15-6:15am.  Oh boy!
 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

 The favorite thing I've created in my TpT Shop is my ABC Posters!  I wanted something that my students could reference and it would "ring a bell" as we've learned our letter sounds through the Zoophonics animals.  I hadn't seen anything I was in love with, so I created my own posters!!



Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

I love staying organized in the classroom!  So, like a silly girl, I think I've been in my classroom {on average} once per week this summer to slowly work at getting it just how I want it!!  I feel like the more organized I can go into the start of a school year, the better I'll feel throughout the school year.

Also, blogging is new to me!  So, I hope you enjoy tagging along and reading what's going on in my classroom!  I do have to say that I simply LOVE blogging and sharing my ideas!  I think collaboration is SO important in the classroom and just love reading everyone's blogs!!

3 comments

  1. LOVE IT! I love to sew...used to sew my kids clothes...not so much anymore. I am your newest follower! Wendy 1stgradefireworks 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much 1stgradefireworks!! I can't wait to check out your blog, too! Don't forget to find me on Facebook!! :) https://www.facebook.com/teachermomoftwo

      Delete
  2. A sewing/embroidery business sounds way fun! I'd be up for that as well. Your ABC Posters are great!

    ~Sarah
    FCS and Then Some

    ReplyDelete