Five for Friday

Friday, August 29, 2014

It's that time again!  I can't believe it's already Friday!  It's been such a great week and I'my linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share what I've been up to!


This week has been a busy week!  We started back to "school" for Workshop Week and it's been full of meetings!  I have managed to squeeze in some time to work in my classroom and am excited to show you the new Spelling Task Cards finished product!  I downloaded the FREE Spelling Task Cards by Amy Lemons on TpT.  


I still need to print off the Spelling Lists for 2nd grade and then I will add one each week to the clear sheet protector at the bottom of the board.  I ran out of wall space, so I did this on a tri-fold foam board that I can easily take out and put away when it's not in use.


Tuesday was a busy day and it was mostly spent at school!  Luckily, Kylie's soccer practice is right behind my school, so I was able to get a couple extra hours of work done as she practiced.  



Wednesday night I met most of my cute little kiddos and got to see many of my former students (either in my class again or just down the hall)!  Back to School Night was a great success.  I am so excited about my upcoming year and all we have planned for it!  

I'm planning to start off Tuesday with the story "You're Finally Here" (what took you so long??) and have prepped some great materials thanks to Linda Kamp at TpT.



My classroom is finished and ready to go!  Here's a peek at some of my favorite spaces in my classroom!  I'll have to come back and add photos - we got a little side-tracked on Thursday with the addition of another section of 1st grade and I completely forgot to take the pictures I wanted to add to this post!!  

I love my new library space!  I have my books leveled using the Guided Reading Levels (A to Z).  I think it will make it easier for the students to pick out "good fit books" at their reading levels.  I also have a couple bins of non-fiction books regarding science, animals, sports, cars and more.  One of the students' favorite bins might be the "Super Heroes & Princesses" one!

I also love my new easel and classroom meeting space at the front of the room!  I have more space in this classroom than I did in my room last year.  It's fun to see so much open floor space for the kids to work.

I LOVE not having a "desk!"  My kidney bean table is a sure hit right now and I know the students will enjoy working at is as much as I do!  Working at my computer on the back counter is also working out great!


Today we're relaxing at the cabin!  I'm going to soak up some sun and enjoy my last few days off with my family!  Hopefully the rain will stop soon and the sun will come out!  Happy Labor Day Weekend!  Good luck to all who head back to school in the upcoming week as well!

1 comment

  1. Love the spelling cards. I am going to check those out. Have a relaxing weekend and good luck starting soon!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete