Five for Friday: Aug. 1st

Friday, August 1, 2014
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
This week I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my 5 for Friday Post!


This week has been a busy one!  It's my next to last week of Summer Explorers!  While I'm excited to get in a couple weeks of "summer" after next week ends, I am sad to know I'll have to say good-bye to all of my new friends!  We've been busy trying out some new Word Work activities in Summer Explorers and it's safe to say they were all a successful hit, so I can't wait to use them in Daily 5 centers this fall!


Here's a peek at one of my favorites - clothespin word work!  I blogged about it here.  


On Monday and Tuesday I stopped by my classroom after summer school and it was truly a disaster!!  I just hope I can pull it together in the next few days so I don't have to spend my 2 free weeks before school getting my room in order!  Luckily, I have some pretty amazing friends and one of them has already said she'd come help me next Tuesday!!  :)  So hopefully next week I'll have a better picture of my classroom - at least a little more organized I hope!!



On Tuesday, my little guy, Mason, tried out gymnastics for the first time.  He loved it!  It was so much fun to see him get excited about a new sport!  Now he's all signed up to attend at the same time as his big sister this fall!



Thursday afternoon I took the kids to Minnesota's Largest Candy Store!  It was quite a treat and there were so many things to see!  There's even an older gentleman there that bakes fresh pies!  We walked out with a couple treats, a caramel apple and rock candy for my back to school treat for my students (stay tuned and I'll blog about that soon!)!!



Today I'm heading to the beach to enjoy the outdoors, soak up the sun and play with my kiddos!  Enjoy your Friday and I'll see you back here for next week's Linky Party with Doodle Bugs Teaching!



Graphics by JW Illustrations (c) JessicaWeible.com 
Fonts by Hello Fonts @ http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Hello-Literacy


1 comment