Kohl's Cares & Mercer Mayer

Sunday, July 13, 2014
Kohl's Cares & Mercer Mayer = 2 of my favorites!


I heard that these Little Critters were at Kohl's as a part of their "Kohl's Cares for Kids" campaign this month and I'm so glad I ran out to grab them this evening!  I got there and they only had 4 of the 5 titles remaining!  Luckily, I was able to pick up:  "Bedtime Stories," "Jack & the Bean Stalk," "Little Red Riding Hood," and "Hansel & Gretel."  The last 3 books are "lift the flap books - which add a little extra excitement to reading them!  

Little Critter stories are childhood favorites of mine and I'm so excited to be able to share them with my children and my students!  

This year, moving to second grade, I'm hoping to do something a little different with my classroom library!  I have a lot of books and coordinating stuffed characters from the "Kohl's Cares for Kids" campaigns over the years.  My goal for the upcoming school year is to put out a stuffed animal and a book as the "featured book/author" for the week in the library.  Then students can snag the book to read to the stuffed animal and/or a friend!  I'm hoping it's a hit in our classroom!  Have I mentioned I'm super excited to be heading back to 2nd grade this fall?!

Do you have any fun activities you do with your classroom library to keep things interesting?  Please take a moment to share what works well and what doesn't work as well in your classroom library in the comments below!

No comments