Word Building Workout

Sunday, August 10, 2014

This is one of my favorite purchases from the big Back-to-School TpT Sale!  This little center came from Schroeder Shenanigan's in Second ELA Workout (I wanted to save a little money on my purchases, so I bought the ELA and Math Workout BUNDLE!)

I used the word building workout with my Summer Explorers in the last week of school and I think they loved it as much as me!  I had them use the magnet letters to create 2-letter, 3-letter and 4-letter words.  Then they wrote out their words on the white boards.  One student asked if they could write "Dr. Seuss words" and I said of course, as long as they could sound them out to me!  It was a great activity to work on letter sounds as well!

I plan to use these in my Daily 5 Word Work Centers!  There were 4 or 5 different cards for this activity and each one uses different letters!  

No comments